Moe’s Southwest Grill, popularly known as Moe’s, is a fast-casual dining restaurant chain that specializes in serving delicious Mexican-inspired dishes. With over 700 locations across the United States, Moe’s has become a go-to spot for many people looking for a quick, tasty, and nutritious meal. In this blog post, we will explore Moe’s nutrition offerings and provide you with the ultimate guide to eating healthy at Moe’s Southwest Grill.
Moe’s Nutrition: The Basics
One of the best things about Moe’s is its commitment to providing fresh, high-quality ingredients in all of its dishes. The restaurant chain prides itself on using all-natural, hormone-free, and steroid-free meats, as well as offering a wide variety of vegetarian and vegan options. Additionally, Moe’s does not use any artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives in its food.
Moe’s menu consists of customizable burritos, bowls, tacos, quesadillas, nachos, and salads, allowing you to create a meal that suits your dietary preferences and needs. With over 20 fresh ingredients to choose from, including various proteins, grains, vegetables, and salsas, the possibilities are endless when it comes to crafting a nutritious meal at Moe’s.
Healthy Meal Options at Moe’s
To help you navigate Moe’s extensive menu and make healthier choices, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most nutritious meal options available:
1. Burrito Bowls: Opting for a burrito bowl instead of a traditional burrito allows you to skip the tortilla, which can save you around 300 calories. Load up your bowl with lean proteins like grilled chicken or tofu, brown rice or quinoa, and plenty of veggies for a well-rounded and nutritious meal.
2. Salads: Moe’s offers a variety of salad options, which can be a great low-calorie choice. Be mindful of the dressings and toppings, as these can quickly add up in calories and fat. Stick to lighter dressings like the Chipotle Ranch or Lime Vinaigrette, and opt for grilled proteins and plenty of veggies.
3. Tacos: If you’re in the mood for tacos, choose the corn tortillas instead of the flour tortillas to save on calories. Load up on grilled proteins, veggies, and salsa for a delicious and nutritious taco experience.
4. Vegetarian and Vegan Options: Moe’s offers a variety of plant-based proteins, including tofu and the Impossible™ protein, making it easy for vegetarians and vegans to enjoy a satisfying meal. Pair these proteins with brown rice or quinoa, beans, and plenty of veggies for a nutrient-dense and delicious meal.
5. Salsas and Sauces: Moe’s offers a variety of salsas and sauces to add flavor to your meal without adding too many calories. Stick to options like the pico de gallo, roasted corn salsa, or the tomatillo salsa for a low-calorie flavor boost.
Tips for Eating Healthy at Moe’s
Here are some additional tips to help you make healthier choices at Moe’s Southwest Grill:
– Be mindful of portion sizes. Moe’s is known for its generous portions, so consider sharing a meal with a friend or saving half for later.
– Skip the chips and queso. While they may be tempting, these sides can add a significant amount of calories and fat to your meal.
– Choose whole grains when possible. Opt for brown rice or quinoa instead of white rice to add more fiber and nutrients to your meal.
– Load up on veggies. Moe’s offers a variety of fresh vegetables that can add flavor, nutrients, and volume to your meal without adding too many calories.
Moe’s Southwest Grill offers a wide variety of nutritious meal options, making it easy to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal on-the-go. By being mindful of your choices and following our tips, you can enjoy all the flavors Moe’s has to offer while still maintaining a balanced diet. Happy eating!