Panda Express has become America’s go-to destination for fast, delicious, and affordable Chinese food. With over 2,200 locations across the United States, it’s no wonder that people are curious about the nutritional value of their favorite dishes. In this ultimate guide to Panda Express nutrition, we’ll break down the menu, provide tips for making healthier choices, and help you make informed decisions about what to order the next time you’re craving some tasty Chinese cuisine.
The Panda Express Menu: Nutritional Breakdown
Panda Express offers a wide variety of dishes, from their famous Orange Chicken to healthier options like the String Bean Chicken Breast. To help you navigate the menu, we’ve broken down the nutritional content of some popular items:
1. Orange Chicken: This iconic dish is a fan favorite, but it’s also one of the highest in calories, fat, and sodium. A single serving contains 490 calories, 23g of fat, and 820mg of sodium.
2. Kung Pao Chicken: This spicy dish is a healthier option, with 290 calories, 19g of fat, and 970mg of sodium per serving.
3. String Bean Chicken Breast: One of the healthiest options on the menu, this dish contains 190 calories, 9g of fat, and 590mg of sodium per serving.
4. Broccoli Beef: Another healthy choice, this dish has 150 calories, 7g of fat, and 520mg of sodium per serving.
5. Chow Mein: A popular side dish, Chow Mein contains 510 calories, 20g of fat, and 860mg of sodium per serving.
6. Fried Rice: Another side option, Fried Rice has 520 calories, 16g of fat, and 850mg of sodium per serving.
7. Mixed Vegetables: The healthiest side dish, Mixed Vegetables contain only 80 calories, 0.5g of fat, and 540mg of sodium per serving.
Tips for Making Healthier Choices at Panda Express
Now that you know the nutritional content of some popular Panda Express dishes, here are some tips for making healthier choices when ordering:
1. Opt for healthier entrees: Choose dishes like the String Bean Chicken Breast or Broccoli Beef, which are lower in calories, fat, and sodium compared to other options.
2. Go for steamed, not fried: Many dishes at Panda Express are fried, which adds extra calories and fat. Look for steamed options, like the Mixed Vegetables, to keep your meal lighter.
3. Watch your portion sizes: Panda Express portions can be quite large, so consider splitting an entree with a friend or saving half for later.
4. Customize your meal: Don’t be afraid to ask for modifications, like requesting less sauce or swapping out a side dish for a healthier option.
5. Skip the soda: Opt for water, unsweetened tea, or a diet soda to save on empty calories and sugar.
6. Use the Panda Express nutrition calculator: Before you order, use the Panda Express nutrition calculator on their website to see the nutritional content of your meal and make adjustments as needed.
Panda Express offers a variety of dishes to satisfy your Chinese food cravings, but it’s essential to be mindful of the nutritional content of your meal. By following our tips for making healthier choices and using the Panda Express nutrition calculator, you can enjoy your favorite dishes without sacrificing your health goals. So go ahead and indulge in some delicious Chinese cuisine – just remember to make informed decisions and enjoy in moderation.
FastFoodDeals is a seasoned fast food enthusiast and writer, bridging the gap between value and flavor. Through his blog, he provides the tastiest deals, reviews, and hacks for all your favorite fast food joints.
Their favorite fast food spot is Taco Bell, with their go-to order being a Bean and Cheese Burrito with sour cream and no onions, a Beef Chalupa with no tomatoes, and a large Baja Blast. And don't forget a side of creamy jalapeno sauce with a few Diablo sauce packets!