Steak ‘n Shake has been a popular choice for burger and milkshake enthusiasts since 1934. With their delicious menu options, it’s no wonder that people flock to this fast-food chain for a satisfying meal. However, as we become more health-conscious, it’s essential to know the nutritional content of our favorite dishes. In this blog post, we will discuss Steak ‘n Shake nutrition and provide tips for making healthier choices at this beloved restaurant.
Steak ‘n Shake Nutrition: The Basics
When it comes to fast food, it’s no secret that the meals can be high in calories, fat, and sodium. Steak ‘n Shake is no exception, with many of their menu items containing a significant amount of these nutrients. However, it’s essential to remember that not all menu items are created equal, and there are healthier options available.
To make healthier choices at Steak ‘n Shake, it’s crucial to be aware of the nutritional content of each menu item. This information can be found on their website or in-store. By knowing the calorie, fat, and sodium content of each dish, you can make informed decisions about what to order.
Healthier Choices at Steak ‘n Shake
While it may be tempting to indulge in a juicy burger and a thick milkshake, there are healthier options available at Steak ‘n Shake. Here are some tips for making better choices when dining at this fast-food chain:
1. Choose grilled options: Instead of going for a deep-fried dish, opt for a grilled option. For example, the Grilled Chicken Sandwich contains fewer calories and fat than the Original Double Steakburger.
2. Go for smaller portions: Steak ‘n Shake offers smaller-sized burgers, such as the Single Steakburger, which contains fewer calories and fat than the larger options. Additionally, consider ordering a small or medium-sized milkshake instead of the large size.
3. Opt for a salad: Steak ‘n Shake offers a variety of salads that can be a healthier alternative to a burger and fries. The Grilled Chicken Salad, for example, is a nutritious option that is lower in calories and fat than many of the other menu items.
4. Hold the sauce: Many of the sauces and dressings at Steak ‘n Shake can add extra calories, fat, and sodium to your meal. Consider asking for your sauce on the side or skipping it altogether.
5. Choose water or unsweetened iced tea: While milkshakes and sodas may be tempting, they can add a significant number of calories and sugar to your meal. Opt for water or unsweetened iced tea to stay hydrated without the added calories.
6. Customize your order: Don’t be afraid to ask for modifications to your meal. For example, you can request a lettuce wrap instead of a bun for your burger, or ask for grilled vegetables instead of fries as a side.
Steak ‘n Shake may be known for its indulgent burgers and milkshakes, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make healthier choices when dining at this fast-food chain. By being aware of the nutritional content of each menu item and making mindful decisions, you can enjoy a satisfying meal without sacrificing your health goals.
Remember that moderation is key, and it’s okay to treat yourself occasionally. However, by incorporating these tips into your dining experience at Steak ‘n Shake, you can make better choices for your overall health and well-being.